Our mission is to develop life-saving aircraft and contribute to the transition towards sustainable aviation by doing good.
At Avy we’re looking for a Drone Operator to join our team.
Join our awesome team of business developers, designers, engineers, builders, and hackers in revolutionizing aviation.
We are a young, dynamic, fast-growing, professional, international organization. At Avy, we pay attention to the well-being of all individuals in our diverse team and offer many opportunities for personal growth.
We offer you a place where you can learn, fail, thrive, and excel. Trust, friendship, and sustainability are deep-rooted within our company.
Avy develops highly innovative drones to save lives worldwide and always opts out to work on projects for good.
At Avy, you will be part of an amazing adventure!
About the job
Drone technology is developing fast. With the automated flight capabilities improving on a daily basis, we are always stretching the limits of what drones can do. Avy is looking for a Drone Operator, who is passionate to fly and control drones all over the world for life-saving missions.
Avy Drone Operators plan, organize, and execute missions. They find the most efficient and safe ways to fly from point A to B, no matter the difficulty of the route. By doing so, the Drone Operator delivers medical supplies to places where no one could get to before, or creates situational awareness for first responders at the most hectic times. In this way, the Drone Operator helps Avy to take on bigger challenges and make a larger impact.
Join the Avy team to deploy our state-of-the-art drones and contribute to a better world (oh and you can also work on our rooftop terrace, behind the piano, in the sauna, at the bar, or on our disco toilet).
We expect our drone operators to be flight fanatics, other points to describe our new colleague are:
- Outdoor fan. You like to be outside, irrespective of the weather.
- Affinity with technology. We’ve got a full team of engineers to develop the best drone you can imagine. However, when you go out to fly, there’s always a possibility to bump into technical issues. You like to solve these on the go.
- Reflective. You are the kind of person that always looks at their own contribution first. Whenever issues arise during your working day, you reflect on what you could have done differently.
- Well organized and structured. You know what is required to make a flight a success, and make sure that all these requirements are met. By having a clear overview of the situation and being able to set priorities, you can quickly come up with a good response even during the most eventful times.
- Responsible. You are the one in charge of making a task a success. Safety and quality are in your DNA, and risk assessment comes naturally to you. Because of this, you can push Avy’s drones to its limits without taking any unnecessary risks.
- Focus. Even though there is not always an RC in your hand or you cannot actually see the drone, you are still flying an aircraft and participating in aviation. Because of this, you need to be able to keep your focus, and be ready to intervene whenever needed. You are good at multi-tasking and keep calm in stressful situations.
- Hands-on experience with aviation, preferably with drones or other small planes that require hands-on flying. A (drone) pilot/RT license is preferred, but not required.
- A degree in Aviation/Aerospace engineering is preferred, but not required.
- Flexibility to work in shifts (approximately one weekend per month).
- Flexibility to travel for multiple weeks at a time, both within the Netherlands as well as across the globe.
- Affinity with technology.
- Strong English proficiency. Dutch is a plus, not required.
What we offer
- A job in a company determined to have a positive impact on the future: contribute to medical delivery in Europe & Africa to save lives. You’ll be telling the most interesting stories at birthday parties :).
- Experience the excitement, chaos, freedom and rapid growth of a tech startup from within.. it will be the ride of your life!
- A warm atmosphere with regular drinks and occasional celebrations.
- A competitive salary (depending on your experience, between 2600 – 3600 euro).
- A work culture based on freedom & trust.
- An awesome office in Amsterdam with a maker space, sauna, disco-toilet, and delicious lunches.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Drone Operator? We’d love to hear from you!
Starting date: As soon as possible.
EU citizenship is required for this post. Avy does not offer relocation support.
Deadline for applications: Sunday, Dec 13, 2020, 11.59 pm
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.