ALSA s.a., Luxembourg Aviation Safety Agency, is a company acting under the supervision of Luxembourg National Aviation Authority and fully owned by the State of Luxembourg.
Due to the continuous development of our activities, we are looking for:
UAS (drone) Inspector (M/F)
- Type of contract: Permanent, Full-time
- Date of entry on duty: Immediate
- Location: Luxembourg
- Application deadline: 31st May 2021
Reporting to the Head of UAS department, you participate in the implementation of the European UAS regulation and safety oversight of UAS operators in Luxembourg. Your scope of work will include:
- Review of the declarations made by the training entities and operators
- Technical analysis of the PDRAs / SORAs provided by the UAS operators and issuance of the operational authorizations
- Certification of the Light UAS Operators (LUC)
- Development and maintenance of the evaluation system for the remote pilots’ competencies in the SPECIFIC category
- Oversight programme implementation including inspections and audits in compliance with EASA UAS regulation,
- Assistance and support to UAS operators,
- Technical support to the Head of Department,
- Follow-up of ICAO/EU regulations in relation with UAS operations,
- Development of internal procedures and checklists,
- Participate in international working group or workshop as necessary,
- Promotion of civil aviation in Luxembourg.
- Post-secondary education of a duration of at least 3 years and 3 years of experience with a UAS professional operator / training school.
Experience, technical skills and competences
- Good knowledge of UAS technical systems and SORA methodology;
- Good knowledge of aviation regulations, especially Reg. 2019/947;
- Good command of both written and spoken English. Good knowledge of French and/or German language is an asset;
- MS Office and computer literate;
- Experience in an EASA Member Civil Aviation Authority will be an asset.
Social & personal skills
- Good ability to synthetize and to analyze complex problems;
- Effective organization skills, ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects;
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines under demanding conditions;
- Strong commitment to promote a service minded and customer-oriented administration;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and self-driven personality;
- Effective communication skills;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Good team spirit and ability to work as part of a team;
- Willing to travel;
- Clean criminal record (pre-employment and background assessment will be done).
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and a motivation letter to:
4, rue Lou Hemmer
or submit your application via email using the button below.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org